Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Web Deign with Adobe Illustrator

It seems a lot of people like to use Adobe Photoshop to help design websites. At one time, I wished I was one of those guys but sometimes you got to do what feels comfortable to you to get the job done. One program I've spent a lot of time on since I first learned how to use it in Mr. Lais's class is Adobe Illustrator. This program, like the name implies, is used for digital illustrations. I've used it for graphic design work in making logos and posters but it seems like you can also use it for web design layouts.

I came across this article in Smashing Magazine called "Productive Web Design With... Adobe Illustrator?" written by Vincent Le Moign. In his article, he covers how more effective Illustrator can be compared to it's Adobe counterpart. For instance, shapes are easier to create and manipulate, text can be formatted a lot easier, and wireframes can be created easier. It's all about maximizing productivity in the time you have to work with. If you like Illustrator, check it out, it's a good read and pretty informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment