Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm new to doing freelance work. I've done maybe 1 graphic design job for an Airshow in El Centro, CA that's for the US Navy and i had to ask my friends who have experience what to do and what not to do. I've never dealt with customers and I don't know what's customary to charge someone. If I go to high, they'll go to someone else. If I go to low, I won't be making up to my potential. One thing I know I have to do in the freelance business or even in a regular business setting is to gain clients. In an article by Uzi Shmilovici in Smashing Magazine called "How to Identify Good Clients (and Avoid Bad Ones)" , Shmilovici writes that influential business one of writer Peter Drucker's ideas is that "without a customer, there is no business". In this article, Shmilovici lists principles or ideas that one should consider when looking around at clients. It's a good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment