Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Making an Effective Web Design

On my quest to check out articles to help me be an effective web designer, I came across this small article on what the author, PixelCrayons, believes would help make your website more effective. For another class, I was to critique both good sites and bad, and after reading this article, I can see how those sites failed. On the Associated Content site on Yahoo, PixelCrayons wrote an article called "Tips to Choose an Effective Web Design". In the article, the author had 6 tips that could help your site be more effective:

  1. Since the internet is a hub for information all over the world, make sure your content is spot on.
  2. Presentation for the content should be easy to navigate through,
  3. Navigation should be easy on your site.
  4. Links should work.
  5. Pop ups can be annoying and could drive away people visiting your site.
  6. Don't overload your site with videos or images that might slow down accessing your page. 

I guess simple is good. Make sure you check out the link above for the full article!

No comments:

Post a Comment